Today, Hadley is now officially 9 months old! A quick update on what she's been up to (she's been doing a few of these things for a while, but I'm bad about updating)...
- She's still clapping like crazy, it's one of the coolest tricks she knows. Now she will clap on cue to "If You're Happy and You Know It"
- Still dancing to any and every beat she hears, even the sacrament hymns
- She's shaking her head "yes" and "no", more often "no"
- Started feeding herself her finger foods
- Her two bottom teeth came in at the same time, finally. I swear I've thought she was teething for the past 5 months.
- She loves playing with balls and rolling them back and forth
- Says "mama" and "dada", to anybody, but still, it's fun
- I'm working with her on a little bit of sign language. She looks at me like I'm crazy, but hopefully she'll pick some of it up
- Likes to share her food and toys with BJ and I
- Reaches and grabs for everything. She has a super strong grip.
- Plays really well by herself with her toys, but does like to have me in sight. If she notices I'm gone, it's like she forgets how to play and just starts crying.
- Puts herself to sleep for naps and bedtime
- Loves to pull her blanket/bear over her face to play "peek-a-boo"
- She had her first official haircut and it looks so cute, but often people ask "how old is he?" I don't know if it's the haircut or what cause she has pink, purple, or some girly outfit on. I should use headbands and elastics more, but she just pulls them out and then they just sit in the diaper bag.
- She's started throwing little temper tantrums
- Not crawling yet, but she gets on all 4's and rocks back and forth
- She is a little flirt. She see's guys and just peeks at them, gets this shy look on her face, and just keeps trying to get them to play with her.
- She just started waving. It's more of like a whole arm motion, but she does it to everyone
|Her favorite toy right now. If she's not playing with it, she's staring at it until we take her over to it.|
We spend a lot of time at this thing everyday.
She's so fun and I love being able to stay at home and play with her and watch her learn and grow everyday!
In other news, I ran my second half marathon yesterday...I know it's not as cool as a marathon, but whenever I think about doing a whole marathon, it just seems too long. People who do whole marathons do like half marathons every time they train and I just don't think I want to put myself through that. At least not right now. It went surprisingly well though...I did a lot better than I was expecting -- 1:58:14 -- I was thinking I'd get more like 2 and 1/2 hours, so I was pleasantly surprised to get under 2. The race was in St. George, the weather was beautiful and so was the route we ran.