Monday, January 2, 2012

HoLiDay FuN!

I feel like every time I update my blog I'm commenting on how quick the month has gone by, and I'm gonna say it again. I can't believe December is over and it's already 2012! December honestly went by way to quick, but it was filled with lots of fun stuff. The first 3 weeks, BJ had medical school interviews. One a week. So lot's of traveling for him, but we're just really excited that he has been getting interviews and feel really optimistic about starting med school next fall! And then before we knew it, Christmas was here! I always love decorating for Christmas, seeing family and friends, and just the happiness of the holidays.


Christmas Party with the girls!








Temple Square. Love it!

















This year we spent Christmas in New Jersey. We did lots of fun stuff and had a great time being able to spend time with BJ's family. The first day we got there we spent the day in NYC and went and saw "The Rockettes" perform at RaDio CiTY. I loved it! Then we walked around New York and saw all the fun windows the stores set up and went in to different stores. We also went and saw the new World Trade Center buildings and the memorial they've built for 9/11.

Radio City

























World Trade Center






















Christmas day we got up and opened a couple of gifts before church, then went to church where I sang in the choir for the Christmas Concert... I sure love to sing and am real good:) it was fun though, then went home and opened the rest of the gifts, ate dinner, played games, and watched a movie.

















During the week we went to Washington DC and saw some of the monuments there. I loved it because I've never seen any of these places in real life, but the weather was quite awful that day. It was pouring the entire time so for the first time I got to wear a rain poncho. Then the next day we spent the day in Baltimore. The weather was much nicer, but pretty windy if you can't tell by my crazy hair:)


The Capitol







Washington DC Temple
















We spent New Year's Eve and Day with my family and Tiff and Billy back in Utah. Tyler and Laura had us all over for a delicious homemade Cafe Rio style dinner, games, and celebrating the upcoming New Year! We played Just Dance 2, Catch Phrase (the girls lost both times, but we definitely played harder and deserved to win), and Texas Hold 'em.


Haylee loved Just Dance and pretty much danced to every song.



















This past year was amazing and we're really looking forward to the fun adventures we'll have in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment