Friday, August 10, 2012

WeLCoMe tO vEgAS!


Obviously this isn't the greatest quality of a picture. We accidentally ended up on the strip one day after getting on the wrong freeway so we decided to stop and take a picture with this special little sign. The girl ahead of us in line to stand in front of the sign was wearing a stunning little number. A cute little revealing black bikini. She got up there and turned around and then did this really cool rap. I think I'll try and do something similar for our Christmas card this year.

We've been here for about a month now and it's been a good experience. It was especially fun having BJ home with us everyday for the first 3 weeks, but this past Monday school finally started. Our apartment is pretty much put together, but there are still some items I'd like to buy for decorating, so some of the pictures might not look the greatest, but it's still a work in progress.



I realize that our wall is very bare, but I have something in mind to place there. Don't you worry.
I came up with this idea by myself. Pinterest didn't help at all.


I wish I had a better camera or could get a better picture of her nursery. It looks cuter  all together rather than in little snippets of pictures.



There is a guest bedroom, but I didn't feel like taking pictures in there. And our bathrooms aren't done so yeah. We love visitors so if you ever need a place to stay just let me know!

Last weekend BJ and I thought we had the brilliant idea of going to a drive inn movie to see "The Dark Knight Rises". We figured Hadley would fall asleep and we'd just be able to enjoy the movie, no problem. Naive, aren't we? She fell asleep on the drive there and then the movie started, I looked back to check on her and her eyes were wide open and she was ready to watch. After about 10 minutes she started crying because she was tired, but too distracted by the movie and it was incredibly hot. Needless to say, we left and basically just wasted $15. Maybe next time, in 10 years or so.

Hadley is sitting up and doing tummy time really well now. She's started talking quite a bit this past week and is reaching more and more for things. And last night she full on laughed for the first time! It was so cute! I got it on video, but I don't know how to upload it.



Are anyone else's babies fingernails like little razors? I swear I can't cut her nails enough. Another thing...I finally understand why women have a baby and then chop there hair off. Geez, my hair is just coming out in the handfuls and it's kinda driving me crazy. I hate stray hair. I really do. It's one of my pet peeves and now I'm living it. I feel like this lady, except when I pull my hand away I'll have hair all up in my hand and she won't. She's so lucky.

I've been enjoying the Olympics these past two weeks. I love watching the gymnastics! They did a little clip on Missy Franklin, the amazing 17 year old swimmer, and she mentions how she's starting her senior year of high school in a month or so. It's so great all these young teenagers who are doing so much with their lives and have so much incredible potential. It makes me feel so good to just watch them accomplish such great feats. I'm really not bitter or anything:)

When BJ's family helped us move here we went to Lake Mead and spent a couple hours on the lake and then went to Hoover Dam. It was a lot of fun and we loved having them here to visit!

 My mom and Dan came out to visit a couple of weeks after we moved in. We were really happy they came to visit and had a fun time with them! We went to the strip one night and Hadley sure loves all the bright lights and shows. She'll probably want to work on the strip when she grows up, but we won't let her:)

By the way, it's 111 degrees today. It feels real nice.

1 comment:

  1. This post made me laugh. A lot. I miss your funny humor. But, at least there is blogging. :) I don't understand why you won't let Hadley work on the strip. You need to support her dreams, whatever they might be. Really. What kind of mom are you?

    ReplyDelete